Friday, 23 August 2013

Bonds to 10... Friday Game Day


This little game is great for practicing Bonds to 10 (or rainbow facts, friendly numbers - they seem to have many names!). I haven't played it in my class for a while, but I was playing with a group of kids this week and they loved it, so I thought I'd share it with you too :)

Here is a little free Bonds to 10 poster
To play this game, you'll need a 1-10 die or a 1-10 spinner and each player will need a piece of paper (or little whiteboard) with the numbers 0 - 9 on it.
This spinner is from my freebie on TPT... click here to download :)

To play, the first person rolls the die/spin. Then, on their whiteboard/paper, they need to cross off the number that goes with it to make 10.
So, if I rolled a 3, I would cross off the 7. Then, the next player then has a turn. The winner is the first person to have all of their numbers crossed off!
I normally play the game in pairs... if the groups get too big it can get a bit tricky. Also, I often start off giving kids a copy of the rainbow facts to refer to, which I take away as they become more fluent with them.
It's such a simple game that doesn't need a lot of prep, but its really effective, and kids love it!

2 comments:

  1. A great game - have you checked out our new math game link up at iSURF
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article is very good today I want to tell you that we are currently trading items such as exterior and interior accessories kitchen cabinets (phụ kiện tủ bếp), commonly used in the kitchen as Stainless steel cabinet (tủ kho inox) when you want to own these categories please contact us for a quotation accessories cupboard (báo giá phụ kiện tủ bếp) most precise. In addition, we also provide mosquito nets doors, when you want to install the door Mosquito netting (lắp đặt cửa lưới chống muỗi) you will find the door Hoang Minh mosquito nets so that we provide the kind of self-rolling mosquito screen door (cửa lưới chống muỗi tự cuốn) and if you're wondering whether the door mosquito netting good sort (cửa lưới chống muỗi loại nào tốt) we will give you detailed advice.

    ReplyDelete